Administrative Services

Why might you need to call or visit Administrative Services? First, the department is located in the main lobby area of Village Hall, and the staff will be happy to answer your questions or point you in the right direction to get the information you need. If it's time to get your cat or dog license, pay your tax bill, water bill, or ask questions about taxes, this is the place to come. Assessment questions are to be directed to the Village Assessor.

This department handles many of the important internal Village operations as well. Every new employee of the Village must make an early visit to this office. The Deputy Treasurer/Comptroller is responsible for payroll and employee benefits administration, and assists in orientating new employees. The Accounting Assistants are involved in a variety of tasks, including accounts payable, dog/cat licenses, answering general information questions, and tax or water bill collection.

Brown Deer Municipal Court

Also located in this department is the Brown Deer Municipal Court. The Court Clerk works on Municipal Court matters. They are in attendance during court sessions, and on hand during the week to take your citation payments or answer questions. See more information about the Brown Deer Municipal Court.

Finance Director/Village Treasurer

The Village Treasurer/Comptroller serves as the head of the Administrative Services Department, and is responsible for the Village:

  • Budget preparation
  • Debt management
  • Finances
  • Financial reporting
  • Risk management
  • The tax roll


If you ever need to contact the Administrative Services Department, or have any general questions, you may contact them at 414-371-3000. To view fees for permits or applications, please see the 2023 fee schedule.