Brown Deer Foundation, Inc.
The Brown Deer Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established to enhance the quality of life for the people of Brown Deer. The Foundation was established in 1997 for dedicated individuals and organizations to make an investment in the community. The purpose of the Foundation, which is governed by a board of 11 directors from the community, is to receive and administer gifts for public, charitable and educational use. These gifts:
- Advance Science and Education
- Combat Community Deterioration
- Develop and Improve Individuals
- Emphasize Arts Crafts and Sciences
- Lessen the Burdens of Government
- Prevent and Combat Juvenile Delinquency
- Provide Residents with Amenities Not Funded by Taxes
Benefits of Giving
Making a gift to the Foundation provides givers with many benefits. Those benefits include:
- Funding a favorite project
- Gaining recognition from friends and neighbors
- Obtaining a tax deduction
- Satisfaction for supporting your community
- Strengthening the local community for themselves, their families and neighbors
In addition, the Foundation will publish a list of donors annually and will establish a permanent recognition site to recognize donors.
Designating a Gift
Individuals may specify how their gift is to be used. The only limitation is that it must be used for something that benefits the people of Brown Deer and is of a public, charitable or educational nature. Each gift will be reviewed by the Foundation Board to ensure that the donor's request falls within the broad us guidelines. The funds will be immediately released to begin work or will be invested until sufficient funds to complete a project are received. A small portion will be retained for administrative costs, as well as to support the recognition program.
Your consideration of an endowment gift assures a stronger future for the Brown Deer community. Consult your estate planner for details on making a gift.
Possible Programs Eligible for Support
- 4th of July Committee
- Beautification Committee
- Brown Deer Historical Society
- Brown Deer Police Department (D.A.R.E. Funds, K9 Program, Special Youth Officer Training)
- Farmer's Market
- Library (New Books, Computers, Magazine Subscriptions)
- North Shore Fire Department (Equipment and Supplies, Fire Safety Education)
- North Shore Health Department (Immunizations, Teen Education, AIDS Awareness, Parenting Workshops)
- Park and Recreation Department:
- Band Concerts
- Bike Path
- Brown Deer Pond
- Brown Deer Senior Citizens Club
- Park Shelter Enclosure
- Sports Facilities
- Youth Programs
In addition to these programs, donors are encouraged to suggest other programs and projects they would like to support.
For further information or to make a donation, contact the Village Manager's office at 414-371-3050.