Apply for the Vacancy on the Village Board
Emily Siegrist stepped down from her role as Village Trustee. The Village thanks her for her service to the Brown Deer community. As a result of her resignation, the Village Board is now taking applications of interested community members who’d like to serve on the Village Board. If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a response to the following questions by Monday, December 12 by 11:59 p.m. Applications shall be submitted to Village Clerk Caren Brustmann at email@example.com.
- Why do you want to be a Village Trustee?
- What do you view as the primary responsibilities of a Village Trustee?
- Describe your talents and abilities that will assist you as a Village Trustee.
- What characteristics can you bring to strengthen the Village Board?
- As a Board member, how would you deal with a committee recommendation that you do not agree with?
- What concerns you about the future of the Village of Brown Deer?
- Why are you the best candidate for this Trustee position?
- What work have you done for the Village of Brown Deer or others in the past, including volunteer activities, Brown Deer school volunteer work, service on any Brown Deer committees, and attendance at Brown Deer events?
- What committees would you want to serve on and why?
All applicants who apply will be invited to the December 19 Village Board meeting to have an opportunity to present a few minutes on why they feel they are the best candidate for Village Trustee and answer follow up questions from the Village Board. The Village anticipates having someone selected at the conclusion of the December 19 meeting so the appointed Trustee can take their oath of office in January. The appointed resident will complete the term of this Trustee position, which expires April 2024.
As a reminder, those interested in being a Trustee either through this appointment process or running for a full 3-year term in the Spring 2023 election can attend a virtual session to learn more. On Tuesday, November 29, the Village of Brown Deer will be teaming up with the Brown Deer School District to host an information event to learn more about their governing board service opportunities. The event will be virtual and starts at 6:00 p.m. Those wanting to attend shall contact Village Clerk Caren Brustmann at 414-371-3050 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the call-in information for the session. The session will not only summarize the role of an elected official for both the Village and the School District, but it will also clarify how a candidate can successfully complete their candidacy papers in time to be on the Spring 2023 ballot.