I am moving, how do I close out my Utility bill?

The Brown Deer Water Utility does not perform final readings for utility bills for sales of property. The buyers and sellers should have the utility charges prorated, you should contact the Finance Department ted as part of the closing process. If you are currently signed up for automatic withdrawal payment, you should contact the Water Department to make sure this is removed and the bill is mailed to the correct address moving forward.

Show All Answers

1. My water bill Is higher than usual - what’s wrong?
2. Does the Utility charge late fees for missing the due date?
3. I am moving, how do I close out my Utility bill?
4. What charges should I expect on my bill?
5. What is the average water consumption for my home?
6. Where is my water meter located?
7. Why does the Utility need to replace the meter in my basement?
8. I have a well on my property - why do I need to abandon it or get a permit?
9. My water is cloudy but after it sits for a while the cloudiness disappears, what is happening?
10. Why is my water pressure low?
11. Who sets the rules, standards, and rates for the Water Utility?